Monday 19 January 2009

Recording, mixing, mastering project - Sage

For my final recording project, I recorded Belfast's finest (probably only) Psychadelic/Progressive Rock band Sage.

I only had to record one song, but it turned out to be a real epic session, with over 50 tracks once all the overdubs and retakes were done.

We Are Believers (mp3, 9 minutes 47secs, 13.5MB)



Feedback from my lecturer who graded it noted that "the drum sound is good but a bit ‘enclosed’ " and that the "frequency response of the mix as a whole was still quite LF/MF dominant and slightly lacking in top end", which were two good points.

I also thought my mixing of the vocals was a bit shit too - I was going for the thinned out EQ and processed sound of eg. Maynard James Keenan but really didn't get anywhere near it - vox were recorded the day before submission, so they were a bit rushed!

No comments:

Post a Comment